Indian IT giant Infosys CFO and EVP Rajiv Bansal has resigned. The company has named Ranganath Mavinakere as the new CFO.
1. Ranganath Dwarakanath Mavinakere has about 18 years of experience across banking and IT services industries
2. A 15-year Infosys veteran, Mavinakere has held several leadership positions in the company. Currently the head of strategic operations, he is responsible for strategic planning, risk management, mergers & acquisitions and corporate marketing. In earlier roles at the company, he was the chief risk officer for over 5 years, implementing the enterprise risk management program and leading cost optimization initiatives as senior vice president in the chairman’s office.
3. Mavinakere was appointed as a member to Infosys executive council in August 2013. The executive council (EC) includes the executive board, heads of key business units and strategic business enabler units.
4. Prior to this, Mavinakere was head of the Domain Competency Group, where he led a group of industry consultants. He directly worked with global financial services clients on several projects. From 1991 to 1999, Mavinakere worked with ICICI Limited, where he was senior vice president of Treasury and Planning.
5. Mavinakere has a post graduate diploma in management (PGDM) from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, and is an M Tech in mechanical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras.
6. Mavinakere is an associate member of CPA, Australia. He has been a speaker and panelist at various forums such as the Conference Board, and was also part of a panel on enterprise risk management at Harvard Business School’s Centennial Business Summit.
7. Commenting on the appointment, Infosys CEO and MD Vishal Sikka, said, “Over the course of the last sixteen months, I have come to know Ranga as a passionate leader and a balanced leader with tremendous ability, knowledge and integrity. We welcome him as our CFO.”
Source - times of india