MEET MOIN KHAN, A PIZZA DELIVERY GUY WHO IS SOON GOING TO BE A POLICE OFFICER


Dreams know no boundaries for this Jammu & Kashmir man who, after doing so many odd jobs, has become a police officer. The 28-year-old Moin Khan always dreamt of making it big in life and today, he stands with his head held high, wearing the very respectable Khakhi Vardi.

"I belong to Thanda Pani village in Nagrota constituency of Jammu district. My parents are illiterate and I am the first graduate in the family,” he said. 

Currently undergoing training at the Udhampur police training academy, Khan worked as a waiter, a car washer and a helper at a grocery store for more than seven years.'

He credits his success to a coaching classes run free of cost by an IPS officer Sandeep Chaudhary called 'Operation Dreams’. 

“My father Mohammed Sharief used to sell milk before opening an eatery (dhaba) in Gujarat but in 2009 he met with an accident,” he Khan. After this tragic incident, Khan started doing odd jobs and continued with his education. 

“I graduated in commerce via correspondence in 2012, then joined Pizza Hut as a waiter for about 2,500 per month for three years. Simultaneously, I pursued BBA,” he said.

Working at Pizza Hut from 6 pm to 2 am every night, Moin got a notification for the recruitment of sub-inspectors in 2016 and applied for it.

A friend told me about ‘Operation Dreams’ being run by an IPS officer at a banquet hall where students from weaker sections were taught free of cost. I joined the classes which helped me crack the exams. In December last year, results were declared and a week ago I joined the police training academy at Udhampur," said Moin.

“We began Operation Dreams in Jammu where I would teach 150 students from 8 am to 10 am. Moin Khan worked very hard and cracked the physical, written and interview stage of the examination. I am proud of him,” told Sandeep Chaudhary, senior superintendent of police Shopian to HT.

Source  - BT